The members of the Women's Giving Circle are pleased to announce that in 2019, they're awarding a record $47,210 in grants. Each grant recipient helps to fulfill the WGC’s mission of supporting women and children in the Eau Claire area. The organizations and programs the WGC has voted to fund are:
• Altoona School District—“Care Closet”
• Chippewa Valley Free Clinic—“Women Becoming A Healthier Me”
• Chippewa Valley Technical College Foundation: Women in Nontraditional Careers Scholarship Program”
• Eau Claire Area Hmong Mutual Assistance Association—“Refugee Family Strengthening Project”
• Eau Claire Children’s Theatre—“Schoolhouse Rock Live”
• Feed My People Food Bank—“Connecting to Thrive”
• Marshfield Clinic Health System Foundation—“SANE Forensic Nurse Program”
• Red Letter Grant, Inc.—“Women’s Business Start-Up Capital Grant Program”
• Western Dairyland Economic Opportunity Council—“Table for Two”
The Women’s Giving Circle members pool their charitable dollars into a fund at ECCF in order to maximize their philanthropic impact. The WGC began in 2007, when a group of over 100 Founding Members each pledged a total of $1,000 over 4 years. Today, it has almost 300 members, and it continues to grow.
This year’s grant awards bring the WGC’s total grant distributions since inception to $312,413. Grantees will officially receive their awards at the Gift of Giving breakfast, which will take place at Florian Gardens at 7:30 am on December 4, 2019. The Women’s Giving Circle members invite the Eau Claire community to attend this celebration of philanthropy. They also welcome new members; anyone can join the WGC at any time.