Grant Cycle in Response to the COVID-19 Crisis:
Phase 1 of this grant cycle has ended with $274,491 distributed to 42 nonprofits!
Phase 2 (Response and Recovery) grant cycle has ended with $200,700 distributed to 18 nonprofits!
Phase 3 will be launched in the near future. More information is forthcoming!
What is the relationship with other area grant opportunities?
Proposals were reviewed in collaboration with United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley (UWGCV) as they reviewed their own grant requests. Any eligible nonprofit could submit both a grant application to ECCF and a proposal to UWGCV.
What did ECCF's grants support?
Grants in Phase 2 supported COVID-19 recovery efforts in Eau Claire County. Focus areas were:
a. FOOD INSECURITY: Nonprofit organizations to support effective programs and activities that aid:
• Families and individuals facing food insecurity
• Low-wage workers without access to meals
b. FINANCIAL STABILITY: Nonprofit organizations to support effective programs and activities that aid:
• Financial support for nonprofits that provide programs for the community
• Childcare for low-wage essential workers and the economically vulnerable
c. HOUSING and UTILITIES STABILITY: Nonprofit organizations to support effective programs and activities that aid:
• Affordable housing and rental assistance for economically vulnerable populations
• Immediate utilities support needs of the economically vulnerable populations
d. MEDICAL SUPPORTS: Nonprofit organizations to support effective programs and activities that provide:
• Medical/pharmaceutical aid to the economically vulnerable
• Mental health and domestic abuse prevention and intervention programs
e. EDUCATIONAL SERVICES: Nonprofit organizations to support effective programs and activities that provide:
• Educational based programs for children and families
• Educational opportunities for adults to move back into the workforce
Who was eligible to apply?
• 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
• Groups fiscally sponsored by 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
• Other charitable organizations able to receive tax-deductible contributions
Any nonprofits that meet these criteria and serve Eau Claire County are eligible to apply.
Can an organization that received previous grant funding apply in the next grant cycle?
Can I collaborate with other nonprofits on my grant application?
We encourage collaboration among nonprofits. However, the grant application should only be submitted by one organization. You can invite collaborators to assist on your application using the "Collaborate" button in the upper right hand corner of the application form.
Women's Giving Circle Grant Cycle:
Will begin accepting applications on April 1, 2021
If your nonprofit serves Eau Claire area women and/or children, you can apply for a grant from the Women’s Giving Circle.
Regular ECCF Grant Cycle:
ECCF will begin accepting grant applications on Nov. 1, 2020.
If you represent a nonprofit that serves the greater Eau Claire area, you can apply for an ECCF grant.
ECCF offers two types of grants:
1. Program Grants fund programs or services provided by your organization.
2. Asset Purchase/Improvement Grants fund specific purchases that will help keep your organization running smoothly.