Hubbard and Kathryn Robbins Family Fund CLICK HERE TO DONATE The Robbins family has been present in the Eau Claire area since Ephraim Wheeler Robbins settled here in 1854. When Eau Claire County was incorporated in 1855, Ephraim asked his neighbors to raise $400 to build a school. A 16' by 24' building was constructed and homes were also built in the surrounding area as the community grew. Ephraim built a home for his family using brick from a local kiln, lumber logged near Otter Creek, and handmade nails. This family home was torn down when Robbins School needed to expand. Hubbard Willis Robbins was born in this home in 1914. He grew up and attended the Eau Claire Teachers College (now known as the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire) and taught in local rural schools. After serving his country in World War II, in 1946 he married Kathryn Donaldson, who had grown up in Eau Claire and was also a teacher. They raised three daughters, Lucille, Kaye, and Laura. When Hubbard passed away in 2002, this Designated Named Fund at the Eau Claire Community Foundation was established with memorial gifts. It has grown to become a fund for Eau Claire's Robbins Elementary School, intended to help teachers and students for generations to come.